Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Blackberry Plum Pureed Jam

This recipe was conceived during an effort to use up fruit that I had purchased for other uses.The addition of a flavored balsamic was only thought of because I had purchased it that day and wondered what uses I could come up with for it.

Ingredients:
4C blackberries
4C chopped black plums
4C sugar
1 lemon
2T black currant balsamic
Directions:
As in all my jam making, the fruit must be washed, chopped and cooked down with the addition of sugar and the juice of one lemon. This recipe looked a little thin but I didn't want to reduce it any further because of the balsamic and I didn't want to add pectin. What was a girl supposed to do? Be flexible. I used an immersion blender and turned it into a "sauce". I can't wait to try it on a cheesecake with fresh berries encircling the rim.
This recipe makes 3 pints of jam.

No comments: