Monday, December 29, 2014

Cumin Seed Omelette

DSC08978

Ingredients:

2-3 eggs

milk

3 sprigs cilantro

cheddar cheese

1t cumin seeds

butter or extra virgin olive or both

 

This was easily one of the best omelettes I have ever made. I wanted a Mexican flavor so after whipping up 2 eggs and thinning the batter with a splash of milk, I decided to make use of the cumin seeds in the pantry. I heated a frying pan with olive oil and a pat of butter and proceeded to toast the seeds, then added the eggs on top and lowered the heat.

As the eggs were starting to set around the edge of the frying pan, I shredded some sharp cheddar cheese and tossed a small handful into the pan. I added the chopped cilantro, then folded the omelette over on itself to finish cooking.

DSC08981

I tried some taco sauce on part of it, but preferred it without.

No comments: