Saturday, December 24, 2011

Dore Fried Oysters

When I needed a few oysters to make an oyster dressing, it occurred to me that there were enough oysters leftover for the number of guests at Christmas Eve dinner, so remembering I had seen this style of oyster made at Marin Joe’s, I decided to try them with my own spin.

DSC09985Ingredients:

1 jar shucked oysters
flour for dredging
1 egg
garlic powder
olive oil for frying
squid aioli or creme fraiche
wasabi flavored caviar

Directions:

If you can find a small packet of squid ink, then you’ll be able to mix it with mayonnaise to create the black background for the wasabi caviar. If not, creme fraiche is also a good choice.

The frying is so easy, I forgot to take photos of each stage, so the verbal description will have to do. Remove the oysters from the jar and drain, then dredge in flour, dip in the whipped egg and fry in the olive oil over a medium heat. Drain on a paper towel and plate. Place a dab of the aioli or creme fraiche on top and spoon on the caviar.

DSC09966DSC09957

No comments: