Saturday, November 29, 2014

Pineapple Cranberry Sauce

DSC00144

Ever since the first time I made fresh cranberry sauce, I have been trying to improve upon it and each time I try something new I like the result. The following recipe is an example.

 

Ingredients:

1 bag fresh cranberries

3/4C Pineapple juice

3/4C sugar

1 small can crushed pineapple

DSC00124DSC00131DSC00137

DSC00118DSC00121

Place the pineapple juice and sugar into a pot over medium heat and wait for it to boil. Add cranberries, lower the heat and wait for them to pop, then stir and add the crushed pineapple. If you wish you may puree the mixture for a smooth consistency, but I prefer the texture that results just from cooking. Pour into a serving bowl and set it aside until it is room temperature and ready to serve alongside your turkey or chicken dinner.

DSC00169

No comments: