Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Asian Inspired Compound Butter

I did mention a surplus of butter, didn't I? This was my second experiment, since I had a great result using these same ingredients on mussels with a little sake. I'm looking forward to developing a sauce using this compound butter, but in the meantime I'll use it on vegetables and fish or shellfish.


Ingredients:
1/2 pound sweet butter
2 garlic cloves
2T cilantro
2t fresh ginger
1t black sesame or toasted sesame oil

Directions:

Cream the softened butter, add minced garlic and ginger, blend together with a fork. Add the sesame oil and incorporate well, then add finely chopped cilantro. Refrigerate until it stiffens and becomes easier to work with (the oil makes this a very soft product), then roll in plastic wrap, twist off ends, wrap with tin foil and freeze.


No comments: